Jewish Comics logo illustrated by Michael Netzer, copyright 2009

Jewish Comics Search Engine

Goodreads bookshelf montage

Google Search Window

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Neil Kleid and Emily Steinberg at MOCCA Fest this weekend

As mentioned in my previous post :


This weekend (April 10th and 11th), the annual Museum of Comic & Cartoon Art Festival will be held at the Lexington Avenue Armory (Lexinton and 25th) in Manhattan (New York), between the hours of 11 AM and 6 PM.


One little detail I neglected to mention was the price.

Advance prices
Weekend pass : $15
Members weekend pass : $12
Saturday only : $10
Sunday only : $10

I also left off the names of 2 of my favorite cartoonists who will be appearing in person at the Festival. In my defense, neither of their names appeared in the list of exhibitors, which I read through - in its entirety - last night.

Details below.

*****

* Neil Kleid (author & illustrator [though not always at the same time], whose ouevre to date includes Stable Rods, Pilgrimage : Two Weeks in G-d's Country, Brownsville, the short piece "Shomer Negiah", The Big Khan and [in the near future?] Migdal David)

* Emily Steinberg (author-illustrator of the autobiographical Graphic Therapy : Notes from the Gap Years, which is being sold at Lulu.com)

*****

If anyone knows of other guests who should be mentioned and who somehow weren't detected by my Jewish-comix-dar, please let me know ASAP and I'll attempt another last-minute posting.

No comments: